The threat of court gives most people a brain freeze - which is exactly the reason why parking companies will threaten court but rarely venture there. In 2015, there were 3.5mn private parking tickets issued but only 35,000 Court claims sent. So simply put 1% of people get a claim but 100% of people are threatened with one! If everyone that was threatened with a claim was taken to court, they would have to build over 1000 new courts - and that is not going to happen.
The stages of a claim have been broken down into 5 Sections
- The Claim form itself which is the first time that the issue of the parking charge has to be dealt with seriously.
- Directions Questionnaire: Just an admin stage but allows you options on how to deal with it.
- Notice of Allocation: When you get an idea of when the hearing will be and how to prepare for it.
- The Hearing itself: And what to expect.
- The Judgment (CCJ): What to do when you've won - or lost.
You can go through the whole process from beginning to end and see where you are in the process and what is coming next. If it all gets too much, click on the Panic button and contact us!